Stacking The Shelves [29]

StackingShelves

Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, is all about sharing the book you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

The cold really kicked in this week if the frost on the vehicles are any indication. The trees are half bare after a few windy nights. Fall is officially here.

My husband knows my quirks very well, so when he learned that there was a nighttime zombie paintball run, where you can choose to ride in either an Army hummer or a S.W.A.T. bus with mounted paintball guns, he came home all excited and told me. I’m not sure we’ll go, but doesn’t that sound like fun!?!

A miracle happened…I’ve managed to restrain myself somewhat this week and only purchased a few books. Here is what I picked out this week:

All of these books were $0.99 or $1.99. *double-yay*

I picked up two print books last week. Aren’t the covers lovely?!

Have you read either of these yet?

Here are a few free books I managed to snag this week as well:

I’m excited to start reading! What books did you get this week? Have you read any of these?

17 comments

1. Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books says:

I haven’t read any of these but happy reading!

Tsuki’s STS

2. Grace Fonseca says:

Queen of Shadows was massive, but so good. I enjoyed ACOTAR very much. You got some great bargains.

Grace @ Books of Love

• Stacey Brutger

Stacey Brutger says:

I have to read Heir of Fire before Queen of Shadows, but I’m hopeful for the series!

I read ACOTAR already…While I wouldn’t give it a perfect score, I do love the uniqueness of the books Maas writes. I really enjoyed a lot of the characters.

3. Natalie says:

Very lovely covers indeed! I’ve one-clicked a few of the free ebooks you’ve linked – they sound good :)

4. Barb(boxermommyreads) says:

I hope you like ACOTAR. I gave it 4 stars but didn’t really like the first 1/2 of it. I also don’t care much for Feyre. The cover is gorgeous though.

• Stacey Brutger

Stacey Brutger says:

I would agree with the 4 Stars.

I was bothered by Feyre’s attitude at the parties at the end of the book. The pacing took a while to pick up as well.

Otherwise, I love the unique stories she tells. She’s lucked out on the covers.

5. Carla @ Lipstick & Mocha says:

These look great! :D I also have ACOTAR on my tbr pile and just got Unbound Enchantment this week too! :)

Happy reading!

Lipstick and Mocha

• Stacey Brutger

Stacey Brutger says:

I almost didn’t get Unbound Enchantment because of the length alone. I prefer longer books. I hope I’m not disappointed!

ACOTAR has the most perfect cover. Love the texture of Maas’ books. I’m always impatient and end up with the English cover version of the books because I can’t wait to read them. LOL

6. Jennifer Bielman @ Bad Bird Reads says:

Ahhh, so jealous of the Maas books. I need to save up for them.

• Stacey Brutger

Stacey Brutger says:

Yeah, I saw everyone reading them and was so jealous, because I was too cheap to pay the full price. Only when the price dropped to $7 did I allow myself to get them.

I just love the way her covers look and feel.

7. Ashley @The Quiet Concert says:

I Love the covers for SJM books. Both books I have heard great things about!

My StS

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

8. Sugar & Snark says:

0.99 books are the best! Enjoy your books :)

Sugar & Snark – Latest haul

• Stacey Brutger

Stacey Brutger says:

I’ve tried to leave a post on your blog, but I’m not signed up with Disqus. So I’ll just post it here…

I’ve never heard of The Lying Game or The Fall of Five. I still have to read the Harry Potter series yet.

Great post. Happy Reading!

9. Natalie @Natflix&Books says:

For real, zombie paintball sounds SO fun. You should go! I have Court of Thorns and Roses, but haven’t read it yet. I’ve only read Throne of Glass, but do plan on finishing the series. Someday. Happy reading!

• Stacey Brutger says:

I wasn’t as blown away by Throne of Glass series as everyone else. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, but it was my favorite book of the year, either.

I love horror movies, so the Zombie run would be right up my alley.

Comments are closed.